How often should a person change the furnace filter?
- If using a pleat filter, the filter should be changed
every 2 to 3 months.
- If using a dust stop filter, the filter should be
What happens to the furnace if the filter does not
get changed enough?
- If the filter is dirty then less air moves over
the heat exchanger causing it to over heat. If this
happens the built in safeties on the furnace will
cause it to shut down.
Why should I choose a Lennox product?
- Lennox Industries has been in the furnace business
for over 100 years.
- They stand behind their products and warrantees.
- They lead the industry in technological advances,
developing products that are more energy efficient
and environmentally friendlier.
What is Preventative Maintenance
- Preventative maintenance is a program we offer to
check and service your heating or cooling equipment
to try to avoid any of the problems that may arise
from the equipment not being kept in peak operating
- For furnaces this involves visual inspection of
the chimney and heat exchanger, testing of the igniting
equipment, testing of the controls, checking belts
and filters, cleaning and oiling of the motors, and
checking the blower operation.
- For air conditioning systems this involves checking
the furnace filter, blowing out the condenser, removing
debris from the compressor, and checking the unit
How big of an air conditioning system do I need for
- As a general rule, we recommend 1 ton for every
400 to 600 square feet.
What should I do if I smell natural gas?
- Call SaskEnergy immediately. We recommend opening
windows and doors to air out the house. If the smell
is very strong leave your house and wait for SaskEnergy
Why should I choose a programmable thermostat?
- A programmable thermostat is designed to change
temperature settings at specified times and dates.
Depending on the type and complexity of the thermostat,
it can tell you everything from when your filter needs
changing to the outdoor temperature. Not all programmable
thermostats are compatible with all furnaces. By setting
your temperature back for nights and unoccupied periods,
you can save on the expense of heating your home more